Monterey County Regional Fire District provides “American Heart Association certified BLS for healthcare providers” CPR classes. You will learn the skills of CPR for victims of all ages and will practice CPR in a team setting. You will learn how to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and how to relieve choking (Foreign-Body Airway Obstructions). The skills you will learn in this course will enable you to recognize emergencies such as Sudden Cardiac Arrest and know how to respond to them.
This class focuses on what Health Care Providers need to know in order perform CPR in a wide variety of settings. The skills learned in class include:
- Initiating the chain of survival
- Performing prompt, high quality chest compressions for adult, child and infant victims.
- Initiating early use of an AED
- Providing appropriate rescue breaths
- Practicing two rescuer team CPR
- Relieving choking
Course Dates and Location:
CPR classes are offered on the first Saturday of every month at 9:00am and the third Wednesday of every month at 6:00pm. Classes will be located at Monterey County Regional Fire Station 7 (East Garrison) 13630 Sherman Blvd, Marina CA.
You must register in person before the class date with Karry Kuntz at the Administration Office located at 19900 Portola Dr. Salinas Ca 93908,
- Monday-Friday from 9am to 4pm.
- $85.00 Fee – Includes CPR Student Workbook, CPR Card and Training materials
- Payment must be in the form of cash or check.
- At this time no over the phone registration, payments by credit or debit cards are accepted.
Should you have questions after reviewing the above information we can be reached at 455-1828
For special request you may contact Rick Cathey at. (redacted)
What to expect
This course will take approximately 4 1/2 hours. Please wear loose comfortable clothing. You will be practicing skills that require you to work on your hands and knees, bending, standing and lifting. If you have any physical conditions that may prevent you from participating in the course, please notify one of the instructors when you arrive for the class.
The instructor will work to accommodate your needs within the stated course completion requirements.