BACKYARD BURN SEASON IS OVER.
NO BURNING WILL BE ALLOWED UNTIL DECEMBER 2019.
- To determine burn day status, please call (800) 225-2876 or check the APCD website http://www.montereybaycleanair.org/.
- Burn hours are 8:00am to 4:00pm. No fuels may be added after 3:00pm. All fires must not be emitting any smoke, is cold to the touch and is no longer capable of regeneration.
- Only dry natural vegetation originating on this property may be burned there.
- No person shall use open outdoor fires for the purpose of disposal or burning of: grass clippings, piled leaves/needles, garbage, household rubbish petroleum wastes, demolition or construction debris, tires, tar, trees, wood waste, processed or treated wood and wood products, or other combustible or flammable solid, semi-solid or liquid waste; or for metal salvage or burning of motor vehicle bodies.
- Piled material must be arranged to provide adequate aeration to allow the material to burn with a minimum of smoke. Burn barrels are prohibited.
- The material to be burned must dry, with at least 10 days of drying time before burning the material.
30 days-trees, branches, and trimmings equal to or less than 2" diameter.
60 days-branches and trimmings greater than 2" but equal to or less than 6" in diameter.
- The material to be burned must be reasonably free of surface moisture and dirt.
- No burning shall take place for 72 hours after any rain totalling 0.25 inches or greater.
- The burn may not cause a nuisance with smoke and ash to neighbors. All fires must be extinguished upon notification of smoke impact.
- The area within 10 feet of the outer edge of the burn pile must be maintained free and clear of all flammable material and vegetation. A water source and appropriate firefighting tools must be at the burn site. A responsible person must be in attendance until the fire is extinguished. Never leave your fire.
- The burn may not be within 100 feet from any residential or commercial structure on an adjacent property.
- Permit may be revoked or suspended for a violation of any terms or conditions of said permit.