Explorer Post #55
The Monterey County Regional Fire District in cooperation with the Boy Scouts of America established Explorer Post #55 in 1995. The purpose is to expose local youth to a positive program, while training for a career in the Fire Service. The goal is to provide each explorer with an opportunity to experience Fire District operations, adult leadership and encouragement to succeed in their education.
Explorer Post #55 has 12 positions for high school students ranging in ages from 14 to 21 years of age. The program operates under guidelines set forth under a Standard Operating Procedure approved by Fire Chief Michael Urquides. All rules and regulations are approved by the Boy Scouts Of America.
Requirements for Post Membership
- The Applicant must meet all of the minimum prerequisites set by the Scouts of America for Explorer membership.
- The applicant must have a clear background with no felony or misdemeanor convictions and may not be affiliated with any unlawful gang or group of individuals.
- The applicant must be actively enrolled in school, with grade point average of no less than 2.5.
- The applicant must complete the standard Post #55 application, and return it to the Post.
- The applicant must between the ages of 14 to 21. A copy of a birth certificate may be required.
- The membership of the Explorer Post will be limited to twelve Explorers. If the Post is at its limit, prospective candidates will be placed on a waiting list.
Please contact FF Andrew Melendrez at email@example.com.